Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm baaaaaaack

It's been along time since I've posted. Sorry about that. It didn't help that I had a pretty nasty computer crash in October either. Life is what happens when you're making other plans and that happened at our house.

It's been a busy time here with lots of changes, ups & downs and all the bits & pieces that make up life. Over the next few days I'll be posting what I've been up to for the last 6 months and hopefully even have a few new things to share with you.

October is a busy birthday month in our family and we have several friends that have had major life events in October as well. Here are a few of the cards that I made during October of 2012.




The above card was created for a couple of my nephews and one of my nieces. I saw the basic idea on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a shot. So very much loved making these. I giggled the whole time I was rolling up the $$$ to make the candles. The embossing folder is an oldie but a goodie - Happy Birthday by Cuttlebug. Papers are from my stash. The Happy Birthday Stamp is from Stampin' Up! set " Wacky Wishes".  Ribbon is from Stampin' Up! in Early Espresso.


Unfortunately I needed several sympathy cards in October. This one was created using Stampin' Up!'s Bigz Autumn Accents die cut - the maple leaf section. Cut in Pumpkin Pie card stock, embossed with Swirl embossing folder by Cuttlebug. The leaf is inked using Walnut Stain by Tim Holtz. The button is from my stash with a scrap of ribbon tied thru the holes. The background was created using  the stamp " Distressed Background by Stampabilities (one of my favorites), stamped in Walnut Stain by Tim Holtz. The brown label was paper from my stash punched with the Modern Label punch and the sentiment label was punched on a scrap of white using the Modern Window label. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Phrases stamp set by Stampin' Up! All pieces were attached to the card base which is a medium brown from my stash.


This card was created using Crumb Cake card stock as the base with corners rounded using  We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile corner chomper tool. For my money it's the best corner rounders on the market. I used the 1/2" side. The images were stamped on white card stock that had been sponged using Pumpkin Pie ink and Crumb Cake ink, both by Stampin' Up! All corners on the sponged piece were rounded using the We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile corner chomper on the 1/2" side. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black ink by Stampin' Up! The set used was by Clearly Inspired by Paper Inspirations. I'm not sure if it's still available as the copy write date on the set says 2006. I got mine at my local Hobby Lobby some years ago. The leaf image is from another set: Encouraging Words by Stampendous. This is one of my go to sets for Sympathy cards. I picked this one up some years ago at Hobby Lobby also. Ribbon is by Stampin' Up! in Early Espresso.

Stay tuned for more of my October cards tomorrow.
Take some time today to let out your creative side and get your pinky inky.





No comments:

Post a Comment