Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More cards from October 2012

As promised here are a few more of the cards I made last fall.


This little gal is one of my favorites to use for Halloween cards. If you've read the blog for any time you'll see I pull her out each Halloween and try to find some new way to use her. She's from the Greeting Card Kids set from Stampin' Up! The paper is all Stampin' Up!: Polka Dot Parade and the green piece is from my stash.. The large purple scallop was punched out with the large scallop by Stampin' Up! and then run thru the Spiderweb embossing folder also by Stampin' Up! The yellow circle behind the scallop is So Saffron card stock and was embossed using the Square Lattice embossing folder. My little pumpkin sitting witch is colored with colored pencils, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. The scallop spider web is also popped up on demsionals.


This is the Halloween card I made for my oldest niece. She's crazy about her 2 cats so it seemed appropriate. The stamp is by Stampin' Up! - Frightening Feline, stamped in black StazOn. The image was then die cut using the Window Frames collection framelits by Stampin' Up! and then inked using Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight. The next layer was cut using the next size up of in the Window Frames collection and sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mist in Perfect Pearl. The final die cut layer was cut from Hollow's Tooth & Scaring Bone designer paper by Stampin' Up!. The card base is black, embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder by Stampin' Up! and sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mist in Perfect Pearl.

My last card for today is another Halloween card. I only sent out a few this year. Like I said, life was a bit nuts at that time and card making got put on the back burner.


This card was created using a stamp by Inkadinkado and I believe it is called Haunted Chateau, although there is no name on the stamp. I picked this one up at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. The image was stamped in black StazOn and inked with Wisteria Wonder around the edges. The glow around the "chateau" was created by inking with Pumpkin Pie ink and Daffodil Delight ink, both by Stampin' Up! It doesn't show up well in the photo but the moon, and the tree got a little bit of icy Stickles added to them as did the grave stones and the walkway. The black die cut piece was cut out of black glitter paper and cut with the largest framelit from the Labels Collection by Stampin' Up! The card base is purple paper from my stash and I used the stamp Wonderfully Worn  by Stampin' Up! in black.

BTW, today is my Daddy's 84th birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!!! I'll show you the silly card I made for him later this week. 

Take some time to get your pinky inky today.




No comments:

Post a Comment