Still thinking about the Founding Fathers. It was a novel idea to include the pursuit of happiness in the Declaration of Independence. Studies have shown that measuring one's own happiness is a uniquely American (North American, for my Canadian friends - you guys do this too). So during this week of celebrating America --- here's a card that speaks to the pursuit of happiness.
Supplies:Soft Suede card stock
Bashful Blue card stock
Whisper White card stock
Square Lattice embossing folder
Labels Collection framelits
Pursuit of Happiness stamp set
Soft Suede ink
Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon
- Card base is standard size
- Bashful Blue mat is 3 x 4.
- Run the Bashful Blue mat through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White using Soft Suede ink.
- Using the 3 die from the center of the Labels Collection framelits, cut out the sentiment using the Big Shot, being sure that the sentiment is centered in the framelit.
- Ink edges using Soft Suede ink
- Adhere sentiment to mat.
- Cut a length of Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon, attaching it to the mat.
- Cut a smaller length of Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon, tie into a knot and attach to ribbon base using a glue dot.
- Attach mat to card base.
*you may wish to secure the ribbon in the front with several glue dots placed along the length of the ribbon since the weight of the knot may move the ribbon*
Are you getting inspiration from this blog? One way you can help support it is to order your Stampin’ Up products through me. Click HERE to place an order and have your order delivered directly to your door step from Stampin’ Up!
Take some time to get your pinky inky today.