I have two techniques to share with you today. One involves shortening a label punch and the other is lengthening a label punch.
Pac Man card ~
This card is geared toward males, but hey don't forget the girls in your life who enjoy "showing the boys how it's done!"
So Saffron card stock *the photo online doesn't show the color well, it's really a love shade of yellow*
Standard Hole sz. hole punch
wiggly eyes (available) at craft stores
- Create a standard size card from Basic Black card stock.
- Using So Saffron, punch a circle with the 1 3/4 Circle punch.
- Using a pencil, trace the pointed end of the bone folder to create the mouth opening on Pac Man.
- Cut out the triangle with Paper Snips.
- Punch the Owl Body only in Real Red and Pumpkin Pie card stock.
- Trim off the legs from the Owl body.
- Glue wiggle eyes on Owl Bodies.
- Using Whisper White, punch out 9 circles with standard hole punch.
- Using Pacific Point and the Word Window punch, punch out 4 standard Word Windows.
- Adhere 2 Word Windows to create a corner piece and repeat for the second set.
- Stamp sentiment from Create a Cupcake set in Basic Black ink on Pacific Point card stock.
- Using the Modern Label punch, punch out sentiment. Trim down the Modern Label - technique shown below.
- Cut a strip of Pacific Point the same width as the Word Window and the length of the card plus 1/4 of an inch (5 3/4 inches long in total). Round edges according to desired technique shown below.
- Adhere all pieces according to photo.
Technique to Create a Longer Punch Label
*there are two ways to create the long Word Window Punch Strip*
1- Feed the end of the 5 3/4 strip into the Word Window punch from the back so that only the part that you want rounded is inserted into the punch. Punch edge and repeat for the other side.
2- I find that the above method is a little too "fiddly" for me when I'm working on a fast card. Instead, I'd punch a Word Window from scratch of a different color to use as my guide and I'd trace the rounded end and cut by hand.
*How to shorten a punched piece ~ Modern Label
Punch out with Modern Label punch
Cut "handle" and lightly adhere handle to edge of Modern Label.
Adjust label to length desired withing punch opening.
Gently remove handle and use shortened label on your creation
This is a fun card to create! These techniques open up a whole new way to use your punches. Give 'em a try. So grab your supplies and make some thing today.