Hope you all enjoyed Mother's Day with people that make you happy. I was blessed enough to spend time with my daughter & her family. My Son-in-Law scored big points by taking both myself and my daughter out for mani/pedis. OMG that was wonderful! My wonderful hubby made his BBQ chicken for us (one word - OUTSTANDING!) and we all got to visit with my military son via Skype. If that wasn't enough, all the family here at home went out to see "The Avengers" - awesome. It was a special day that had sweet tender moments I won't soon forget. I hope you had the same kind of day.
We're still focusing on stamps that are retiring. One stamp that makes a statement when used is the Medallion Stamp. I'll be showing a couple of different ways to use this one, so stay tuned.
Create a Cupcake - clear mount stamp set
Top Note Die
Modern Label punch
Word Window punch
Calypso Coral ink
Calypso Coral card stock
Whisper White card stock
Basic Black card stock
Basic Pearls Jewels
- Cut Calypso Coral card stock along the 11" edge @ 5 1/2".
- Score @ 4 1/4.
- Stamp Medallion in Calypso Coral ink in random patter, being sure to stamp off the edge of the card base to add interest.
- Using Top Note die and Whisper White card stock, run through Big Shot to create white top layer. Do Not toss out leftover scrap.
- Take white Top Note sheet and stamp Medallion in Calypso Coral again, going off the edge of the paper.
- Use Basic Black card stock to create another Top Note piece.
- Cut the Basic Black Top Note down the center horizontally.
- Using adhesive, adhere the Basic Black Top Note piece to the back of the Whisper White Top Note piece, being sure to adjust edges according to the photo. *Note: you may need to do some extra trimming of the Basic Black Top Note at the horizontal points.*
- Adhere to card.
- Using scrap of Whisper White stamp Happy Birthday from the Create a Cupcake stamp set in Calypso Coral ink.
- Punch out sentiment with Word Window punch.
- Using the Modern Label punch, punch out 1 from Basic Black card stock and 1 from Calypso Coral card stock.
- Split the Basic Black Modern Label horizontally, just as done above with the Basic Black Top Note piece.
- Adhere to the Calypso Coral piece.
- Adhere the sentiment on top.
- Adhere to card and place a pearl on the edge, according to the photo.
This style of card works for many occasions just be sure that the sentiment you choose will fit inside the Word Window punch or the Modern Label punch.
If this is a card that you think you would be able to use, leave me a comment below.
Take some time for yourself today - grab your supplies and make something.