Side view that showing the steps at a different angel.
Here's a template to make the card yourself.
To make my card you need the following supplies. Remember, if you need any of these supplies, just click on the name of the item and it will take you directly to my shop.
For All You Do Stamp Set *retiring 5/31/12
Iridescent ribbon - craft shop
Cut Designer Series Paper (DSP) for sides 3 1/4" long by 1" wide.
Cut Whisper White butterflies using the Beautiful Wings embosslit and adhere according to photo.
Basic Black mat - cut @ 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" - emboss with Petals-a-plenty embossing folder.
Whisper White mat - cut @ 3" x 4"
- The focal image is created using the color resist technique. A video on this is in the works.
- Stamp flower and stem in 2 steps in Versamark ink.
- Emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Once embossing is set, stamp En Francais stamp in Basic Gray ink. Stamp lightly on scrap paper first to remove some ink. Then stamp on Whisper White mat, over the embossed flower.
- Once ink is dry, rub a paper towel on the flower to remove the ink.
- Take Wisteria Wonder ink and ink Whisper White mat, starting at edges and working your way inward. Ink should be heavier on the edges and not uniform.
- Mount the newly inked mat on to the embossed Basic Black mat.
- Use Sticky strip to adhere the Basic Black mat to the center of the card.
- Apply pearl to center of flower and rub Dazzling Detail on petals of flower.
- Tie ribbon along bottom edge.
Get out your supplies and try this style card - it's a lot of fun.