Male card with Open Sea stamp set
This was the card I made for my hubby for Father’s Day. Masculine cards can be very difficult to create and I’m sure like most of you, I’m always on the look-out for new ideas.
To make a card that looks like mine, you’ll need the following supplies. Remember, if you need any of these supplies, just click on the name of the item and it will take you directly to my shop.
1 ½” Circle punch (I happened to have a circle punch this size. If you don’t just use the compass image as your guide and cut by hand.)
- Base of card is Early Espresso card stock in standard card size.
- Naturals Ivory card stock mat cut at 4 x 5 ¼.
- Randomly stamp globe image using Early Espresso ink.
- Adhere globe background to card base.
- Using Early Espresso ink, stamp ledger on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock twice.
- Trim Naturals Ivory card stock to size of image and ink edges.
- Cut Early Espresso card stock 2 5/8” x 5 ¼” as a mat for the ledger piece.
- Rip and ink bottom edge of Early Espresso card stock.
- Rip bottom edge of ledger piece and ink ripped edge.
- Wrinkle ledger piece and ink the creases.
- Mount ledger piece onto Early Espresso card stock.
- Using scraps of Naturals Ivory stamp the ship and the compass both in Early Espresso ink.
- Punch the ship out with the 1 ¾” circle punch.
- Punch out the compass with the 1 ¼” circle punch.
- Ink edges with Early Espresso ink.
- Punch out 2 ½” circle from Early Espresso card stock.
- Mount ship on 2 ½” circle using dimensionals.
- Using paper piercer, pierce 5 evenly spaced holes for brads around the ship in the Early Espresso card stock.
- Insert Antique Brass brads.
- Pierce hole in center of compass and attach Antique Brass brad.
- Mount compass on 1 ½” circle of Early Espresso card stock.
- Adhere ledger piece at an angel to globe background.
- Adhere compass piece in upper right hand corner.
- Adhere ship piece with dimensional on top of ledger piece.
Are you getting inspiration from this blog? One way you can help support it is to order your Stampin’ Up products through me. Click HERE to place an order and have your order delivered directly to your door step from Stampin’ Up!
Take the time to get your pinky inky today.