Saturday, June 23, 2012

Scrapbooking in Rich Razzleberry

Happy Saturday! I sure hope the temperatures where you live are more comfy than here. We're expected to reach into the triple digits this weekend. I have two things to say about that: 1) Please God, don't let us have a repeat of last summer's heat, and 2) I'm staying inside and playing with paper!

Today's scrapbook page came about in an interesting fashion. My daughter & I took her girls out for a photo shoot so we could have some up to date photos of the girls for Father's Day gifts. We went out in the heat & humidity of an Oklahoma summer afternoon and went to a park. While I was using my fancy-pants camera (thanks again sweet Hubby! I love it!), my daughter was using her phone and a cool app called Retro to shoot some photos.

Later while reviewing photos I decide I wanted to scrapbook a great number of them. However, the 4 that I wanted to use didn't all go together. See 1 had the cool retro edging around it and the other 3 were just normal. I didn't have any cool edging brushes for Photoshop and I didn't feel like spending $$$ on something I wasn't sure I'd use again. So I did what any modern scrapbook would do, I went to Google and looked for a free photo editing program on-line that had retro style edges! Found one too: piZap. You can upload your photos, edit and then download again to your computer - for FREE!!! Soooo cool!

After that long winded opening - here's today's page.


To make a page that looks like mine, you’ll need the following supplies. Remember, if you need any of these supplies, just click on the name of the item and it will take you directly to my shop.

Supplies:



The layout is fairly straight forward.
Photos are 3x3.
Frame was hand cut 8.5 x 8.5 outer frame size.
The frame is a 1/2 inch border on all sides.
Trim edge of Top Note die.
Top Note die was cut out of Whisper White and sponged using Old Olive first in the interior areas and Rich Razzleberry on the outer edges, making sure to ink the edge heavily.
Flowers were punched with the Blossom punch.
Flower edges were inked with coordinating ink.
Flower centers were punched out of Whisper White using the Boho Blossoms punch.
Flower centers were then inked the same as the Top Note die.
Insert brads.
Punch bird out of Rich Razzleberry.
Ink edges of bird in coordination ink.
Adhere assembled bird to inside of Old Olive flower with a dimensional.
Mount flowers with dimensionals.
Write journaling and mount Top Note die over the top of the frame on the right side.


Let's make it easier for our families to enjoy the wonderful photos that we all take. Get them off the computer, out of the boxes in the closet or off the photo card that's sitting in your camera. Make some fun scrapbook pages for your family. They'll love them.




No comments:

Post a Comment