One of our new "In Colors" is Summer Starfruit. It's an interesting color that works with many darker shades, which would be prefect for those difficult male oriented cards. However, today's card is light and summery and FAST.
Tip: I have a TERRIBLE time getting the notch in my banners centered and even. What I've done is made a template for myself using a piece of light weight cardboard and the Pennant punch. I punched a triangular pennant out and use the tip on my banner, mark the spot (on the back of my paper) and trim by hand. So much faster and much better results!
To make a card that looks like mine, you’ll need the following supplies. Remember, if you need any of these supplies, just click on the name of the item and it will take you directly to my shop.
Patio Party Designer Series paper (the piece with all the different patterns in stripes)
- Card base is standard size
- Using a paper trimmer, cut out the strips that are Summer Starfruit colors from the Patio Party DSP piece of paper that is all pattern strips.
- Using Paper Snip scissors, notch out the banner end on the stripes and cut to desired length.
- Run a piece of Whisper White card stock (4 x 5 1/4) through the Big Shot in the Fancy Fan embossing folder.
- Adhere embossed piece to card base.
- Using a scrap of Whisper White stamp "Live in the sunshine" from the Pursuit of Happiness set using Summer Starfruit ink, punch out with large oval punch.
- Use the scalloped oval punch to punch out a Summer Starfruit mat.
- Adhere stamping to mat.
- To get your banners straight on the top: take a small strip of Whisper White, run a strip of Snail on it. Arrange and adhere banners onto the strip, lining the top edges of the banners to the top edge of the strip.
- Adhere banner strip to top left edge of embossed mat.
- Adhere scalloped oval piece to embossed mat.
Are you getting inspiration from this blog? One way you can help support it is to order your Stampin’ Up products through me. Click HERE to place an order and have your order delivered directly to your door step from Stampin’ Up!
Take some time to get your pinky inky today.