Friday, June 22, 2012

A little something for the 4th

No Fast Card Friday today, instead I'm going to show you a little something for the 4th.




To make a card that looks like mine, you’ll need the following supplies. Remember, if you need any of these supplies, just click on the name of the item and it will take you directly to my shop.


Supplies needed:
Top Note Die
Perfect Polka-Dots embossing folder
Square Lattice embossing folder
Big Shot
Boho blossoms punch
Sticky Strip
Basic Jewels Rhinestones - I used some star shaped ones that I had on hand
Whisper White card stock
Real Red card stock
Night of Navy card stock
Snail Adhesive

I took a scrap of paper and ran it through the Big Shot and used the negative space to create a template so I'd know the placement for each piece.
Real Red & Whisper White were cut the size of the embossing folder and run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka-Dots folder.
Once both pieces were embossed, I cut the strips at just a touch over 1/2".
The Night of Navy piece was cut at approx. 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and run through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.
Using scrap Whisper White, I cut a couple of plane strips and put Snail Adhesive on one side. On to this I placed my Real Red & Whisper White strips, alternating colors. 
I used my negative of the Top Note Die to see where to place the Night of Navy piece to my liking.
Using a ton of Snail I adhered that in place.
I placed the whole thing carefully on the Top Note Die and ran it through the Big Shot. (the strips of scrap Whisper White on the back held it all in place.
Then, using Sticky Strip on the back in areas that were not secured with the scrap strips, I adhered the piece to a standard card.
Punching out 5 of the smallest flowers on the Boho Blossom punch, I adhered those to in the Night of Navy section and then added my rhinestones.

This was may look a little intimidating, but it really isn't. Take your time and read the directions carefully and it's pretty easy.

Take some time to make something today.




No comments:

Post a Comment